salinity is a blend of salts specifically formulated for the reef aquarium that contains all essential major, minor, and trace components found in natural reef waters, but contains no toxic or non-essential components. Additionally, salinity is the most concentrated salt blend on the market. With a hydration level of <0.5% salinity will yield a greater volume of prepared saltwater at a salinity of 35â€° per unit of weight than any other salt mix currently on the market. salinity is identical to the distribution of anions and cations found in Natural Sea Water (NSW). We have compiled data from all the oceans and seas on the Earth, and have targeted the midpoint of the range for each element. We guarantee to be within ·± 5% of the midpoint. For example, at a salinity of 35â€°, for calcium, magnesium, and strontium, we have the following targets and ranges.
Calcium: target 422 mg/L, range 400 to 443 mg/Lâ€¨Magnesium: target 1336 mg/L, range 1269 to 1403 mg/Lâ€¨Strontium: target 8.4 mg/L, range 8.0 to 8.8 mg/L
Alkalinity and pH values vary widely over the Earth's oceans. salinity will be within the following ranges:â€¨pH: 8.4 to 8.6â€¨Alkalinity: 3.2 to 3.8 meq/L
Net 2.72 kg (6 lbs) Makes 75 Liters (20 US gallons), Net 15.87 kg (35 lbs) Makes 450 Liters (120 US gallons), Net 29.75 kg (65.5 lbs) Makes 850 Liters (225 US gallons)
1. Mix salinity with dechlorinated tap or purified water. We recommend the use of a commercial dechlorinator like alpha to neutralize any tap water chlorine and/or chloramines. If source water quality is poor we recommend purification with a Seachem Pinnacle RO/DI system. To prepare small quantities, bring 35 grams of salinity up to a volume of 1 liter, or add 36.27 grams to 1 liter of water. [This is a little less than 1/2 cup of salt per US gallon of water. For 15 gallons use 7 cups of salinity.]
2. Stir well to ensure a good mix. Although the salinity solution may be used immediately, we suggest mixing for approximately 24 hours to achieve oxygen/carbon dioxide equilibrium.
3. Measure the salinity. We recommend a salinity of 35â€°. This will be a temperature compensated SG (specific gravity) value of 1.026.
4. Adjust salt level accordingly. If salinity is too low, then add more salinity. If too high, add more water.
5. Change 20% of aquarium water every two weeks (or as necessary) to maintain optimum water quality.
USAGE NOTE: NEVER mix salt in an aquarium containing livestock. Transfer livestock to the aquarium AFTER salt is completely mixed and specific gravity has been adjusted. Use Seachem's Stability·® to avoid new tank syndrome and to prevent unnecessary livestock losses in a new system.
CAUTION: SALINITY IS NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Contact in dry form may cause skin or eye irritation. In case of eye contact, completely flush eye(s) with cool water and seek medical attention.
We guarantee that salinity will have a batch specific guaranteed analysis that falls within the ranges below