Replacement Carbon Cartridges for CO2 Life Model 2
CO2 Life is the new, patented, fertilization system which doesn"t require any bottles or other external equipment. It works using a carbon cartridge which ensures a continual and consistent release of carbon dioxide by electrolysis and does not create sudden pH changes to the aquarium water. CO2 Life is available in 2 models: for aquariums from 10-40 gallons and 25-75 gallons.
Fertilization by CO2 is a natural process.
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is fundamental for healthy and luxuriant growth of plants in the
aquarium. CO2 is a key molecule, though it is lacking in most aquariums. CO2 is critical to photosynthesis, the process by which light energy is converted to chemical energy that is stored as carbohydrate and sugars in plants. Plants require light energy, CO2, and H2O to make sugar.• Aquarium plants, unlike terrestrial plants, cannot capture free CO2 from the air.• For photosynthesis to proceed, aquarium plants must capture CO2 from water using more complex methods, but the process is the same.• Photosynthesis produces a by-product critical to life in both aquatic and terrestrial environments - oxygen.
Advantages of a CO2 fertilization system include:
1. Luxuriant and healthy growth of plants and a more natural environment for fish
2. Increased photosynthesis by plants resulting in higher oxygen levels for fish
3. pH stability - pH can be maintained at optimal levels for fish and plants through the production of carbonic acid
4. Aquarium fish thrive in slightly acidic water due to the beneficial effects on their extremely delicate skin.
5. Plants release higher levels of antibiotic substances.
6. The formation of calcareous deposits on the rim of the aquarium is avoided.
7. Plant growth reduces the prevalence of unsightly algae.
The new CO2 Life delivers CO2 to plants in a very natural way. The CO2 Life is a simple and effective approach to an operation traditionally used by specialists or advanced hobbyists that now makes it easy for every hobbyist to have a thriving, vibrant aquarium with live plants.
Without hassle, CO2 Life continuously releases CO2 slowly and consistently into the water without the necessity of constantly monitoring pH and re-adjusting CO2 levels.• The unique design of CO2 Life prevents over production of CO2, which could damage an aquarium ecosystem.• CO2 Life is the epitome of easy, fast, and safe. The constant supply of CO2 is an essential source of nourishment for plants.
The advantages compared to other CO2 systems available in the market:
• CO2 Life is a Complete System - All In One Setting.
• Easy and quick to install use
• Constant reliable release of CO2
• Major components are engineered to maximize CO2 output
• 3-4 month supply of carbon then you just replace the cartridge
• The CO2 Life system furnishes an aquarium up to 75 gallons.
• The CO2 Life carbon plate is totally pure and of the highest quality available on the market. Inferior products contain 35%-40% binder and only 60% carbon.
• The design is compact and efficient.
Made in Italy
After around 2 months, check the carbon cartridge.
1. Take the CO2 out of water, lifting it vertically.
2. Lift the transparent covering piece.
3. Remove the regulator by lifting it.
4. Turn the carbon cartridge support anti-clockwise.
5. Take it away and replace with a new one.
6. Reassemble the system in the reverse order.
The process is easy to complete in 2 minutes!
CO2 Life by SICCE is the new - PATENTED - fertilization system using electrolysis. No bottles or external tools necessary.• It is completely submersible and utilizes a proprietary carbon cartridge which ensures a constant and consistent release of carbon dioxide. This constant release over 24 hours avoids sudden pH fluctuations in the aquarium.
USE: The CO2 Life is adjustable in accordance with the requirements of the user, allowing increased or decreased CO2 release.• Suction cups allow flexible positioning anywhere in the aquarium. It can be hidden behind plants or stones and does not disturb the landscape.• Keep in a vertical position to increase the efficiency of the product. It is possible to automate the system by connecting it to an external timer, if desired, but it is not necessary to switch it off during the night.• The soft release of the CO2 won"t affect the pH and risk disrupting the aquarium ecosystem.
Easy installation, use, reliability, and maintenance are the strengths of CO2 Life.• Co2 life is a unique product on the market and is perfectly engineered for the beginner to the advanced hobbyist.
MAINTENANCE: The carbon cartridge is compact and has to be changed every 2 to 4 months depending on the aquarium load (quantity of plants and fish).• Replace the carbon block when it has been used completely or is partially open. The carbon is completely released into the water and some residual may remain inside thecartridge.• Cartridge replacement is easy, practical, and fast.• To maintain crystal clear water, it is recommended to use an internal or external filtration system.
SAFETY: Electrical parts are sealed in a water tight chamber, eliminating corrosion and
electrical shock. The electrolysis process is at low voltage (12 Volt) and meets all safety rules.
CO2 Life is available in 2 models:
• CO2 Life 1 for aquariums from 40L to 150L (Up to 40 gallons U.S.)
• CO2 Life 2 for aquariums from 100L to 250L• (Up to 75 gallons U.S.)
Multiple units can be used on larger aquariums.