• True 10,000K•
•Ideal choice for freshwater, planted, reef, and marine Aquariums
• Emits a pure, crisp intense bright white light with a high PAR value
• Simulates sunlight at ocean depths of 5-15 feet
• Promotes the development of photosynthetic plants, anemones, and coral
• The most popular 10,000K metal halide bulb on the market for reef tanks and the most ice white in color
• Use alone or add Actinics for a bluer effect
• This bulb has a heavy concentration wavelength spike in the 420 and 460nm (nanometer) range with additional concentration spikes in the 380nm, 550nm, and 580nm wavelengths
• Has an exceptionally high rated life
• Very high color rendering index of 95 CRI
• Use with•250 watt•Probe ballast with ANSI code M58 or•250 watt Electronic ballast
You can replace your metal halide bulb with a different (higher) Kelvin as long as you have the same wattage ballast. Lamps have a rated life of several years, however their beneficial aspects decline before the eye can detect the changes. The life and health of your marine inhabitants is directly related to good lighting. Do not wait until your bulbs burn out before replacing them.
Hamilton 250watt True 10,000K HQI mogul based metal halide lamp offers bright, crisp ice white color and is a great choice for reef tanks and for maximum ripple effect.