PURA Filtration Pads offer the same broad-spectrum filtration capabilities as PURA Complete in a simple to use filtration pad form. In addition to heavy-duty chemical filtration, PURA Filtration Pads offer the finest mechanical filtration of any pad. Made from a carefully selected thermally bonded blend of polyester fibers, these pads offer very fine filtration while resisting clogging. The most frequent comment we hear from our customers is that their tank has never looked so crystal clear.
In tanks with high levels of pollutants, the granular media should be used to bring down the pollutant concentrations and then the pads can be used to permanently maintain low pollution levels. These pads are ideal for wet/dry drip trays, canister filters, power filters, and as supplemental chemical filtration in Eclipse systems. There is no finer filtration for a Nano-Reef!
PURA Pads can be cut with scissors to fit any application. These pads are made from ultra pure ingredients and do not contain any glues, binders, adhesives, or ash slurries. PURA Pads last longer and remove more pollutants than any other filtration pad.
Small Pad - 7.5 x 10.5 x 0.5
Large Pad - 15 x 30 x 0.5
What is it?
PURA Filtration Pad is a full spectrum chemical filtration pad with outstanding mechanical filtration ability.
This pad offers a virgin non-woven polyester matrix comprised of four types of fiber and dry impregnated with PURA Complete media to a density of 120-150 g/sq ft (0.26-0.33 lb/sq ft):
1. Debris-trapping layer - white color overlay of mixed fibers serves as a screen for floating debris
2. 200-denier size fibers serve to maintain an open structure with high rate of flow-through
3. 15-denier size fibers serve to hold embedded chemical media
4. 4-denier size fibers serve to filter very small size particulates for ultra-sharp water clarity
PURA Complete media contains:
1. 25% PhosLock brand modified Granulated Ferric Hydroxide Oxide (GFH) - best known ingredient for removal of phosphate, silicates and heavy metals
2. 64% modified high purity zeo-sorbent (Ion Exchange Capacity of 1.65-2.10 meq/g or higher) for removal of ammonia, copper and other heavy metals
3. 11% select grade acid washed activated carbon of bituminous origin for removal of organic and metabolic wastes and toxins
PURA Filtration Pad should be used in fresh and salt water aquariums to maintain extremely low levels of environmental and metabolic aquarium toxins including: ammonia, phosphate, silicates, arsenic, copper and other heavy metals, organics, and residual medications.
• Maintains extremely low to non-measurable levels of phosphate and silicates thus greatly reducing propagation of algae
• Removes copper, arsenic, zinc and other heavy metals
• Fast removal of organics, metabolic wastes and residual medications
• Extremely low impact on trace elements and desirable fertilizers like potassium
•Outstanding mechanical filtration ability performs ultra fine water polishing
PURA Filtration Pad combines activities of pads such as Poly Filter, phosphate pads, ammonia pads and carbon pads into a single convenient and extremely well performing product.
•Comparing over 48 hrs to the HBH Pads, PURA Filtration Pad removes 90% more ammonia and over 336 hrs removes 83-93% more phosphate in both fresh and salt water.
• Comparing over 48 hrs to the Poly Pad, PURA Filtration Pad removes 83% more ammonia and over 336 hrs removes 59-67% more phosphate in both fresh and salt water.
How long do PURA Pads last?
With regular rinsing, PURA Pads should last well over a month.
How to best implement PURA Pad?
It can be cut to fit any wet/dry drip tray or canister filter. It may even fits some box filters.
Does it need rinsing prior to use?
Yes, rinsing removes media dust and prevents otherwise harmless clouding of water.
Can PURA Pads clean up a heavily polluted aquarium?
A pad with its limited amount of chemical media is designed to maintain low levels of pollutants. In heavily polluted aquariums, bulk media like PhosLock or PURA Complete should be used first.