Sicce Bio Pellet Plus Reactor with Pump
Sicce, an industry leading manufacturer for 40 years, produces products known for their superior technology and reliable service• Expect no less from the Bio Pellet Plus Reactor.•
The Bio Pellet Plus mixes perfect design, superior craftsmanship, ease of installation, versatility and near zero maintenance!
The•Bio Pellet Plus•uses it's proprietary designed pressure plate to evenly tumble every type of bio pellet to perfection without the need of higher water flows completely negating the need for the two pump recirculating design. The•Pellet Plus reactor uses a•proprietary pressure plate that takes efficiency to the next level.
The•Bio Pellet Plus•uses no sponges to ever clog or replace, instead using our highly engineered laser cut acrylic baffle with its own grip keeping all bio pellets within the reactors chamber and out of your tank.
The•Pellet Plus is the ultimate pellet reactor and pump combination!
Sicce Bio Pellet Plus
•• Precision Laser Key Hole Flanges
•• True O-ring seals
•• Designed and hand built in the USA•And Italy using 100% American-made acrylic construction
•• Height = 13 •
•• Diameter = 5.5 •
•• Start with at least 100 ml•media
•• Includes Sicce Multi 1300 320gph pump••(Requires 198 to 396gph (750 to 1500lph)•pump)
•• 1/2 hose barb inlet/outlet
•• Holds up to 12oz of Bio Pellets
•• For tanks up to 290gal (1100L)
•• Includes 2ft of 1/2'•Vincon tubing
Biopellets have become a popular method of removing nitrates and phosphates from an aquarium. Biopellets are made primarily of a biodegradable polymer that promote aerobic and anaerobic bacteria (feeding it') making it a viable way to consume nutrients (NO3 and PO4) within a reactor. Unlike direct tank dosing methods that add carbon sources directly to the water column, the Sicce Bio Pellet Plus Reactor consumes nutrients without the common downside of unsightly signs of bacteria throughout the system. Instead of turning•the entire aquarium into a reactor the Sicce Bio Pellet Plus provides equal or better benefits neatly within or beside a filter under the cabinet. This prevents any mess in the display.
•• NO3 and PO4 removal
•• No dosing or increase in dosing over time
•• No cyanobacteria or bacterial side effects
•• No risk of overdosing
•• Easy to use
•• Increases protein skimmer output and•efficiency
•• Bacteria is a food source for many species like•corals & sponges
1. Do not use GFO during the initial phases of starting• the reactor.
2. Activate by Aqualife will increase reactor•efficiency and diversify• good'•bacteria colonies in the aquarium.
3. It takes up to 8 weeks before full results are seen.
4. Using••UV sterilizers & Ozone will•decrease the start time and•efficiency of the reactor.••Use them only as needed.
5. Always use a quality skimmer and make sure it is running at full efficiency.
6. Direct••the outlet of the reactor toward the•skimmer pump•inlet if possible.
7. Keep the reactor in a dark area away from the refugium or other light.
8. The reactor can be placed•outside•or inside the filter or sump.••The pump must be in the sump.
9. To avoid leaks and hook up problems, place the reactor inside the filter or sump.
10. If tubing•for the reactor is loose, use hose clamps (not included).
11. When initially starting or after adding new media, the reactor may take up to a day to start fluidizing properly after•which•it will stay•fluidized until the media needs•replacing.
12. Various pellet medias require different flows to remain in a fluidized state as well as the amount of pellets used will vary the flow through the reactor.•
Position the pump in the water and set up the reactor in the desired location. Hook up the inlet and output hoses. Make sure the hoses are not kinked.••Plug in the pump•to the reactor.••The media should be tumbling slowly or water is•visibly•moving around the media.•It can take up to a day to get the media tumbling as it should.••Depending on the•type of pellets used the flow may need to be adjusted.••The AquaLife Denitrex Bio Pellets (if supplied) are•matched to pump flow. If possible direct the outlet of the reactor to the protein skimmers pump intake. Bio Pellets require up to 8 weeks for the bacteria to colonize. Do not change any settings during this break in time. If a••small bacterial bloom•occurs (cloudy water) during the break in period, it will subside within a few days.••After the break in period, clean containment screen if pellets stop tumbling or•when pellets are•changed or added. Top off every 3•months with•media as needed, back to their original quantity for maximum effectiveness. For extreme cloudy water conditions take action by agitating the water surface, turning a UV if on the system, and turning ozone on.
The Reactor and pump come with a (3) YEAR Limited Warranty from the date of the retail purchase by the original end-user.
If material or workmanship defect arises and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, Sicce will repair or replace the unit.••Pump rotors (aka•impellers)•are not•covered.••See•Sicceus.com•to register your product for warranty eligibility and to•file a claim if needed.•Sicce cannot be held liable for damages to personal property due to misuse or improper care and maintenance of the Reactor and O-ring seals.
For full warranty see•Sicceus.com